Account not hacked, post shared by Zaira, clarifies her manager
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: Zaira Wasim on Monday clarified that her social media accounts were not hacked and the post of about quitting acting was shared by her only.
This to clarify that none of my social media accounts were or are hacked and are being handled by me personally. Kindly refrain from believing or sharing claims that state otherwise! Thanks.— Zaira Wasim (@ZairaWasimmm) July 1, 2019
Some media outlets had earlier claimed that her social media accounts were hacked and post in which she announced that she has decided to quit Bollywood because her work is silently and unconsciously transitioned her "out of imaan (faith)" was actually not made by her.
Speaking to ANI, her manager said that the reports claiming that the accounts were hacked are false.
"No, we never said that. The post has been put up by Zaira, that's it. We have never said anything like that," said Tuhin Mishra.
Zaira on Sunday had shared a detailed post on her social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) in which she said that her work damaged her "peace, imaan, and relationship with Allah."
"I kept procrastinating by tricking and deluding my conscience into the idea that I know what I am doing doesn't feel right but assumed that I will put an end to this whenever the time feels right and I continued to put myself in a vulnerable position where it was always so easy to succumb to the environment that damaged my peace, imaan and my relationship with Allah," she wrote.
Shortly after the post went public, it divided the Twitterverse. While some supported her decision of quitting, others questioned it.
The matter also spiralled into a political debate with leaders divided over the actor's statement.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma