New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal will take oath as the Chief Minister of Delhi for the third time on Sunday at Delhi’s historic Ramlila Maidan.
Kejriwal, who will be sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Delhi for the third time in a row, is scheduled to take oath along with other ministers at 10 am at a grand ceremony at the Ramlila Maidan.
Here’s all you need to know about the swearing-in of the AAP supremo:
* The 51-year-old bureaucrat-turned-politician will be administered the oath of office and secrecy by Delhi's Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal.
* Kejriwal’s AAP had won the Delhi Assembly Elections comprehensively after it bagged 62 out of the 70 seats in the state assembly.
* Referring to himself as ‘son of Delhi’, Kejriwal extended an invitation to Delhiites for his oath ceremony and tweeted, “Am so glad that such large no of people are joining the new politics - kaam ki raajniti.”
* In another tweet, he had said that autorickshaw drivers, students, teachers, doctors, labourers etc will be the ‘chief guests’. Kejriwal has also extended invitation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the oath ceremony.
* As Kejriwal will take oath as CM of Delhi for the third time, elaborate security arrangements have been made in the city-state. Over 5000 security personnel including Delhi police and paramilitary have been deployed for his oath-taking ceremony.
* Restrictions have also been imposed near the Ramlila Maidan area from 8 am to 2 pm for Kejriwal’s swearing-in ceremony. The Delhi Traffic Police has also issued an advisory regarding the movement restrictions.
* As per the advisory, vehicles can be parked behind Civic Centre, Mata Sundari Road, Power House Road, Veladrome Road, Rajghat Road, Shanti Van Parking, Service Roads Rajghat and Samta Sthal.
* No commercial vehicles and buses will be allowed from Chatta Rail towards Delhi Gate Chowk via Netaji Subhash Marg, Paharganj Chowk towards via Netaji Subhash Marg, Paharganj Chowk towards Ajmeri Gate via DBG road. Ram Charan Aggrawal Chowk towards Delhi Gate chowk via BSZ Marg. DDU Minto Road towards Kamla Market Chowk via Vivekanand Marg and Barakhamba Tolstoy towards Ranjit Singh Flyover.
* Big banners bearing messages like ‘Dhanyawad Dilli’ along with Arvind Kejriwal’s image were also put up in and around Ramlila Maidan for his swearing-in.
* In 2015 too, Kejriwal's oath-taking ceremony had taken place at Ramlila Maidan. It was held on February 14, coinciding with the Valentine's Day. In 2013 after his party's first poll victory, the swearing-in ceremony was held at the same venue.
(With agency inputs)
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma