LIVE AP Municipal Election Result 2021: YSR Congress sweeps local body polls, wins 55 municipalities
Hyderabad | Jagran Politics Desk: The Jagan Mohan Reddy-led Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSR Congress) is set for a massive win in the Andhra Pradesh Municipal Elections 2021 as the party is close to winning all 11 municipal corporations and has already bagged 55 municipalities.
This year, the Andhra Pradesh municipal elections saw a triangular battle between the YSR Congress, Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). The polling was conducted on March 10 amid strict adherence to COVID-19 protocols.
"Arrangements have been completed for counting of votes across the state. As many as 2,204 counting tables have been set up for 12 municipal corporations, while 2,376 counting supervisors and 7,412 counting personnel are deployed to count the votes," the state Election Commission said earlier, as reported by The Times of India.
Here are the Latest Updates from the big story:
* In the election for Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation (GVMC), YSRCP is leading on 55 seats, TDP on 29 seats, Jana Sena Party on 4 seats, BJP, CPI(M) and CPI on 1 seat each and Independent candidates on 3 seats: District Public Relations Office
* The YSR Congress has already bagged 55 municipalities and is close to winning all 11 municipal corporations.
* So far, the YSR Congress has won 19 municipalities.
* So far, the YSR Congress is leading in eight municipal corporations and 61 municipalities.
* YSR Congress wins Ramachandra Puram municipality.
* YSR Congress leading in Kadapa and Chittoor.
* The YSR Congress has also taken a lead in Guntur, Kadapa and Chittoor.
* YSR Congress has won Kovvuru municipality of West Godavari district.
* YSR Congress wins from 9th ward of Sattenapalli municipality in Guntur.
* YSR Congress wins 9th ward of Sattenapalli municipality in Guntur district.
* The YSR Congress has won two wards in Nellore district Naidupet municipality.
* Meanwhile, all eyes would be on the municipal corporations of Guntur, Visakhapatnam and Vijaywada. If the YSR Congress loses here, then it would be seen as a complete rejection of its decision to relocate the capital city of Visakhapatnam. Here it is significant to mention that the YSR Congress had secured an edge in the civic polls on March 5 by winning nearly 580 wards.
* The Andhra Pradesh municipal elections is seen as a direct contest between the YSR Congress, TDP and the BJP. If the YSR Congress manages to win the municipal elections, then it will provide a huge breather for the party ahead of the 2024 assembly polls in the state.
* Nearly 78.71 lakh people were eligible to cast their votes.
* The voting for 71 municipalities and 11 municipal corporations were held on last Wednesday.
* The counting of votes for the Andhra Pradesh municipal elections began on Sunday at 8 am.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma