UGC releases list of fake universities, UP and Delhi top charts
New Delhi l Jagran News Desk: The higher education regulator University Grants Commission (UGC) has released a list of 23 unrecognised universities in India. Majority of them are from Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
UGC has warned students against taking admission in these institutions.
"Students and public at large are hereby informed that at present 23 self-styled, unrecognised institutions are functioning in various parts of the country in contravention of the UGC Act," UGC Secretary Rajnish Jain said.
Eight of these universities are in Uttar Pradesh, followed by Delhi (seven). Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Puducherry have one fake university each.
Here is a list of unrecognised universities:
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya (Varanasi),
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya (Prayagraj),
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapeeth (Varanasi),
- National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy (Kanpur),
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Open University (Aligarh),
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya (Mathura),
- Maharana Partap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya (Pratapgarh)
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad (Noida).
- Commercial University Ltd
- United Nations University
- Vocational University
- ADR–Centric Juridical University
- Indian Institution of Science and Engineering
- Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society (Karnataka)
- St John's University (Kerala)
- Raja Arabic University (Maharashtra)
- Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education (Puducherry)
West Bengal and Odisha have two fake universities each --
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Rourkela
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology.
"In case of Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad in Lucknow, the matter is sub-judice," Jain said.
Posted By: James Kuanal